Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lesson 13: Modern Cake

We made a Blackcurrent Mousse Cake (Miroir au Casis):Biscuit Sponge with blackcurrent mousse with a blackcurrent glaze. Taste: Slighty sour yet very smooth mousse cream, sponge is very nice, currents i think is a bit sour for my taste but overall the cake is nice.

The chef made a Lemon Mousse Cake(Lemon Miroir):Biscuit Sponge with lemon mousse and neutral glaze. Taste: Sour yet very refreshing and smooth mousse. Overall i like this cake. And the chef also made Blackcurrent mousse cake.

Chef Remarks on my cake: Sponge is bake well, Piping for border need to practice, Mousse is very light (maybe i add to much cream;what he said), Presentation is good,Montage is also good. I didn't get to peek at my marks today and he also didn't say....aizz but its okay i sure its gonna be fine.

Here is my Miroir au Casis:

2 comments:

Amrita said...

your piping is gorgeous. I dont know what that guy is talking about..haha

Shai said...

hahahaa..thanks amrita. The white choc just wouldn't come out when i was piping it and it comes out squiggly.It actually looks funny.. =)