Thursday, March 13, 2008

Practice Time!!

Today is the day that we need to practice for our practical exam on which lesson we aren't sure of so,its a free lesson but we already told the chef what we want to practice again.I re-did my Eclairs and Religieuses. The first time i didn't do it correctly, the choux puff have a big hole at the bottom and to make matters even worst it happen again today! But chef told me that i grease the tray with to much butter.

And my speed is still not quick enough i was late serving it 3 minutes..its alright to serve it 3 minutes late BUT not 7 mins late or else you'll FAIL! I think its because i went down to take my pastry bag and i waste some time ard 8mins top. If i didn't go down to collect it i wld have serve it on time.

Its the first time i'm doing the fondant by myself coz when we did this i was so behind time my partner did it for me. So THANK GOODNESS i did this again!! Or else if we had this for the exam i would have not known what to do with the fondant. I keep asking the chef so now i think i know what the fondant's texture & consistency is.

So IF i had this for the exam i need to remember:
1~DONT OVER GREASE THE TRAY.
2~DONT TURN THE TRAY IF THE CHOUX IS NOT THOROUGHLY COOK ALL AROUND.
3~DONT HEAT THE FONDANT TOO MUCH OR ELSE IT WILL LOOSE ITS GLAZE
***BUT IF YOU OVER HEAT IT YOU COULD PUT MORE FRESH FONDANT**IF ITS TOO THICK YOU COULD POUR SOME SIMPLE SYRUP SO IT WILL BE SLIGHTLY THINNER.**AND ITS ALWAYS AT BODY TEMPERATURE.
4~TRY TO GLAZE IT NICELY.

Other than that i think/hope i did everything okay today. Sorry no pictures i was trying to do it quickly until i forgot to take some photos. :) :)
WISH ME LUCK!! <3>
But here is the chef work the other day we did this:
Chocolate & Coffee Eclairs
Religieuses

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey BabySis

All the best for your practical exam!!! Relax!!! Just remember what you've done in class and what you've re-try again in ur free class...also remember what ur chefs told u heheh...m sure all will turn out delicious, presentable and super duper yummy!!!

Your dearest sis
Ps: I'll be away this whole week