Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lesson 19: Choux Pastry

The last lesson for Basic Patisserie!! WOW! i can't believe its already been 3 mths and its the last one. We had to make St Honore, which is basically choux puff on top of a shortcrust dough. Its filled with a Chiboust Cream, which is pastry cream (custard cream) with italian meringue, which is whisked egg whites and cooked sugar.

My choux paste i didn't overcooked it like the last time i did eclairs. But i did burn 2 of my fingers while dipping the choux puff in caramel.. but this time i was smart enough to quickly dip my fingers in ice bath at least its not stinging that much.

For this practical i had no problem piping with the St Honore tip, like the one i made lemon tart was difficult because my meringue wasn't stiff enough to hold the pattern. The chef said my St Honore is good. Presentation is good (4pts), Montage is good (4pts), Chiboust Cream is also good (4pts). Overall i got a good grade for my St Honore :) :) :)

Ouh by the way we got to make spun sugar!!!! ITS SOO MUCH FUN!!!

Here is my presentation of St Honore:

No comments: