Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lesson 7: Puff Pastries.

We gotta make Pithiviers & Apple Turnovers (Pithivier & Chaussons aux Pommes)..apple turnovers is SOO good i like it alot..while the Chef (Chef Christian) made for demo; Palmiers, Pithiviers, Feuillantines, Bichons, Gallete des Rois, Millefeuille, Chaussons aux Pommes.

I really like the palmiers coz its sprinkle with a lot of sugar. The Pithiviers is surprisingly nice (coz i never like almond cream) but this is nice. The Feuillantines is nice and it was sandwhich in between a strawberry jam it was too sweet for me (dont get me wrong i LOVE sweet stuff but this is too sweet for me). The Gallete des Rois is the same filling & taste as the Pithiviers. The Millefeuille is also very sweet coz of the fondant glaze. Like i said i really like the Chaussons aux Pommes. I didnt try the Bichons coz i was getting jelak (sick) of the sweets stuff for one day.


Here is my items for today:




Chaussons aux Pommes (Apple Turnovers)



Pithiviers

Ohh mann!!! I can't wait for thurs lesson, WE'RE GONNA MAKE GATEAU FORET NOIRE (Black Forest Cake). :) :) :)

No comments: